Camp Wanake thrives on the spirit of volunteerism, and we invite you to become an integral part of our vibrant community. Your time, skills, and passion can make a significant difference in creating memorable experiences for campers and ensuring the smooth operation of our beloved camp. Explore the various ways you can volunteer and be the heartbeat of Camp Wanake.
- Public Day Events: Join us during special public day events, where your enthusiasm and assistance help create a welcoming atmosphere for visitors. From guiding tours to facilitating activities, your presence adds to the joy of these community gatherings.
- Sunday Check-In: Be the friendly face that welcomes campers and their families on Sunday check-in days. Assist with the registration process, provide information, and set the tone for a positive and exciting camp experience.
- Counselor Breaks: Support our dedicated counselors by offering breaks during camp sessions. Your assistance ensures that counselors can recharge, leading to a more enriching experience for both campers and staff.
- Office Work: Contribute your organizational skills to assist with office tasks. From answering phones to helping with paperwork, your behind-the-scenes support keeps Camp Wanake running smoothly.
- Kitchen: Embrace the culinary side of camp life by volunteering in the kitchen. Assist with meal preparation, serving, and cleanup, making each dining experience a delightful and efficient process.
- Maintenance: Help keep Camp Wanake's facilities in top shape by volunteering for maintenance tasks. From minor repairs to upkeep projects, your skills contribute to a safe and welcoming environment.
- Skilled Labor: If you have specific skills in carpentry, electrical work, or other trades, your expertise is invaluable. Volunteer your skills to enhance and maintain our facilities for the enjoyment of future campers.
- Clean-Up: Join our clean-up crews after events or camp sessions. Your willingness to help with tidying and restoring the campgrounds ensures a pristine environment for everyone.
- Dean: Become a dean for special programs or events, guiding participants through activities and fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere.
- Counselor with Adults with Special Needs: Make a difference in the lives of adults with special needs by volunteering as a counselor. Your patience, compassion, and enthusiasm create an inclusive and supportive camp experience.
- Health Care: If you have medical expertise, consider volunteering in our health care unit. Your presence ensures the well-being of campers, providing a safe and nurturing environment.
Ready to make a positive impact? Volunteer and be a vital force in creating a nurturing and memorable camp experience for all. Whatever your skills or interests, there's a place for you at Wanake.
We must do a good job of screening our volunteers and placing people exactly where they will be most effective.
For that reason, to volunteer to work directly with youth at Wanake, some steps must be completed before arriving on-site including:
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Provide three references who can speak to your work ethic, ability to work with youth and faith
- Interview with the Assistant Director to decide if Wanake is a good match for you
- Complete a Fingerprint Background Check
- Complete a Health Form and Disclosure Form
- If counseling, shadow one of our staff members for a full day before your week of counseling
- If working with horses, complete a Horse Waiver Form
FOR QUESTIONS AND
TO LEARN MORE:
Call: 330-756-2333 | Email: email@example.com